Monday 28 March 2011

The Cyberian CyberBlaster

Those of you who wonder through my profile might want to know a little more about my midi days. I put one of my original midi tunes in as my profile audio link.

I wrote and published a few midies, some of which ended up on Rocco's early Dos platform game Mutant Earth. The drum patches are all hand coded and are as if played by a real drummer as are many of the slightly off-timings and echo effects to give it a more real feel.

I play guitar or keyboards but guitar is more my forte (one day I'll treat you with some of my newer original melancholic misery via some mp3s.) I have played in Melbourne Clubs with either Crystal Vision or with The Edge (no, not U2's guitarist, it was the name of the local band i was doing keyboards in).

Now my cyberian cyberblaster midies were written for the OPL2 or OPL3 yamaha sound chips which are different to the sound chips in sound cards we get these days. The patches of the sounds have changed in the newer cards and therefore are no longer exactly the sound i originally intended for you to hear.

So most of you are not going to hear the sounds as they were originally intended to be heard, but the idea still communicates in a few of them so crank up the volume if you got stereo speakers as there are various sounds including panning drum rolls in a few of them that are awesome.

And those of you who have midi machines might enjoy a bit of a play by reassigning various instruments to alternative patches as some of these midies are designed to spook the bejeebies out of you, and they will. This does not mean you can rip me off. I retain the copyright for my works and you must contact me first if you wish to commercially use any of my works.

Not for those prone to psychotic episodes or self induced exaggerated altered states of consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Important Note:

Anyone is free to post links here but only if a back link to this site (or www.websiteadministrator.com.au) is added from your blog or website.