Monday 24 September 2012

microdata

I'm trying to get an understanding of why webmasters are being asked to include microdata on their pages.

random thought...

If I have a video shop that is listed in google maps, and my official website of the same address has an item on a page called "dvds4sale.html" and one of the shopping cart linked items is "matrix reloaded" at a price of "75 cents", how is it that a search engine needs me to further qualify that this is a dvd title for sale from a legitimate business? Does this sound like a fantastic search engine that uses a capable logical algorithm with which to define their first 50 or 500 serps?

I am sure most of the free thinking techs that google, microsoft etc. employ have an IQ over 75 [maybe not at microsoft - lighten up, that's a joke], so I guess this is part of another game that is about to unfold to push away from the have-nots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Important Note:

Anyone is free to post links here but only if a back link to this site (or www.websiteadministrator.com.au) is added from your blog or website.